I don’t know what it is, but I am overly obsessed with things being esthetically pleasing. Anyone else the same way? Like things have to be centered, simple, clean cut, matching, parallel…all of the above please! I actually think I might have a small case of self diagnosed OCD… uh oh.
Anyway, I am writing to you in the most simplistic little coffee shop I stumbled upon, and honestly I think I should just set up camp here because I could live in this place!! It’s the cah-utest! When I first walked in I ran into an old friend I haven’t seen in years. He was there by himself catching up on some of the stuff he loves but never has time for. He made the comment “when you’re on break, without homework and responsibilities, you can actually do the things you want to do!” This got me thinking about how much we get caught up in the busyness and necessities of life, that we don’t spend enough time doing the things that make us feel good, and invest in our passions!
As we ring in the new year, I think its time start creating happiness, and reduce the stress. These are just a few of the things I have on my list!
- De clutter– You know that sense of relief feeling you get when you walk into your room after you just cleaned? uhh its the best! Keeping a clean living space makes it so much easier to be productive. If you don’t use it within a month, you don’t need it. Thats my new rule! Trying to become a minimalist at its finest (except for clothes of course… thats impossible). This goes for people too. Surround yourself with people that are pulling you out of your comfort zone and that build you up. De clutter the negative.
- Spend some time alone in coffee shops– I have been doing so much of this lately as i’ve been trying to get this dang blog up and running and it has become one of my favorite things to spend my time on. I think sometimes it is so important to relax, and have some “you” time. Especially, in a place that is away from all the distractions (and with coffee, because thats always a plus).
- Go on the adventures– When you’ve had a long week, and you’re tired and warn out ,it is so easy to slip into the slump of not doing anything. Start saying yes a little more! Yes, to those late night ice cream runs, yes to the long drives, yes to the hikes and weekend camping trips, yes to the dates, yes to the experiences. I promise it will make you feel so much better!
- Spend time with Jesus– One of the easiest things to do is become too busy for God. How horrible is that!? The guy that wants to spend the most time with you, is the one I think a lot of us take advantage of the most. Do whatever you gotta do to make that time. Whether its waking up a few minutes earlier or going to bed a bit later. If you want to see change in your life, invest your time in jesus and let him work on your heart. He’s a pretty cool guy 😉 Matthew 6:33 “But first, seek his kingdom and his rightousness, and he will give you everything you need.”
- Eat that extra piece– I’m just gonna leave this here. Treat yo self!
- Love on em– In this crazy world we live in, we could use some more lovers. Lovers of life, passion, and people. Take that chance, be risky, and love on people. It makes you feel good, to make other people feel good. Get past those pesky fears of what people are going to think of you, and go for it.
We could all use a little more of the good stuff!